Helping to keep our community healthy.
*In-studio Physical Therapy and Pilates sessions are now available. Sessions are limited. Please email or call the studio to schedule.
We are continuously monitoring the situation and are listening to recommendations from the CDC and local health officials on when to further expand our service. Please keep in touch with us through our Facebook and Instagram (@insideoutdurham). If you would like to recevie our newsletters, create an account or be sure to check “Receive News and Promos* on your client profile page.
Your continued trust and support is of great value. Thank you for your support, patience, and understanding during this time of uncertainty.
COVID-19 UPDATES, SAFETY PRECAUTIONS IN PLACE FOR IN-STUDIO SESSIONS
Since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, IOBT began implementing precautions to keep clients and staff safe. These include:
- Enhanced cleaning using CDC-approved products.
IOBT performs enhanced cleaning between every client. We clean equipment and accessories, bathrooms, treatment room, and reception area with CDC-approved products. We are also performing additional deep cleanings.
- Health screenings of clients before they come to the studio.
Every person is screened for symptoms before entering the studio. These screenings may take place at the time of scheduling, on the COVID screening form emailed prior to your session, and when you arrive at your appointment. In-studio health screenings require all clients and staff to answer questions about potential symptoms and take temperature checks. Cancellations due to illness will be rescheduled without penalty. Please let us know as soon as possible if you are sick and not able to attend
- Requiring everyone to wear masks at all times.
Our universal masking policy is mandatory for both staff and clients. This can include a disposable surgical mask, two layered cloth mask or N95 (without the filter). Masks are also available for purchase.
- Arranging the studio to support physical distancing.
Many updates have been done to the new space and stations have been set up to provide more than 6 feet between equipment areas. In addition, scheduling is currently limited to one to two staff members and appointments are spaced out. There is a high chance that you will be working alone with your instructor.
- Other studio improvements also include:
3 high-powered HEPA filters, a separate hand washing area, hands-free toilet and dispensers, vinyl covered handles for easy sanitation, and updates to the reception/front desk area.
- For contactless check-in and check-out, we ask that clients either prepay for in-studio sessions or have a credit card on file.
IN-STUDIO SESSION REQUIREMENTS
We are taking every safety precaution to help you feel comfortable getting the attention you need. Thank you for understanding and doing your part to keep staff and clients safe.We are currently asking clients to do the following for their in-studio sessions:
- ARRIVAL TIME. To allow time for previous clients to exit the studio and for studio cleaning, please do not come into the studio until your appointment time. At this time, no visitors are allowed to wait in the reception area. Exceptions may be made only under special circumstances. Visitors are required to also complete a screening, wear a mask and wash hands.
- COVID SCREENING. Clients will be asked to complete a COVID screening before the session starts. This includes answering a questionnaire and taking a temperature reading with an infrared thermometer.
- WEAR A MASK DURING THE SESSION. Our universal masking policy is mandatory for both staff and clients. This can include a disposable surgical mask, two layered cloth mask or N95 (without the filter). Masks are also available for purchase if a client forgets or needs a mask.
- WASH HANDS BEFORE SESSION. Please follow the suggested 20-second rule. Singing Happy Birthday is welcomed 🙂
- BRING HAND TOWELS. Please bring 2 hand towels to the session along with any cushions or pads currently used for neck or back support.
- Other suggested items to bring to session:
- Workout gloves
- Personal hand sanitizer
- Slip-free socks
- Towel to use on equipment
- Personal yoga block
- Other suggested items to bring to session:
- PAYMENT. Because reception hours are not currently available, clients will be asked to secure a credit card on file when scheduling. Payment will be applied to the credit card on file and a receipt will be emailed.
Remote Classes, Private Sessions and Physical Therapy via Cisco Webex
All Classes are currently running as Live Stream / Virtual sessions. How does it work?
Check out our list of virtual group classes. Register for class through your Mindbody Online account. The day before or the morning of your class your instructor will send a Webex invite to the online class. Be sure that you enrolled in your class or session at least 15 minutes prior to the start of class to ensure you receive your invite. The link can be accessed from your computer, tablet, or smart phone. If possible, we recommend using Chrome as your browser.
Here is a list of our current virtual offerings:
- private sessions for Pilates, Physical Therapy, Yoga, and TRX
- group mat classes
- foam roller classes
- deep stretch
- yoga group classes
- guided meditation
- low chair and reformer classes for those with home equipment
- IOBT Flex Your Brain classes that include creative classes with IOBT staff and community including book club events, drawing, knitting and more!
- personalized group classes for you and your friends from around the country or world!
A little intimidated by the whole online thing?
No worries – we are available to help troubleshoot with you if you run into any problems. Schedule a practice session with either Kim or Deborah by emailing the studio.